All out-of-state visitors will need to show proof of a negative COVID test prior to visiting CMH patients.
COVID-19 Testing Update: Patients can receive a COVID test without a provider order at any of the sites established by the state and listed on the State’s website.
COVID-19 testing at Central Maine Healthcare is now being conducted as follows:
- All patients admitted to any Central Maine Healthcare hospitals will be tested
- All patients undergoing a high risk procedure will be tested
- Testing continues to be available through the CMMC, Bridgton Hospital and Rumford Hospital Emergency Rooms
- Maine Urgent Care in Lewiston and Topsham continues to offer testing
Testing is now available at the following practices for current practice patients with a written order from their provider:
- Minot Avenue Family Medicine
- Poland Community Health Clinic
- Family Health Associates
- Topsham Family Medicine
- Central Maine Pediatrics (available by appointment in their Respiratory Clinic located at 10 High St, Lewiston)
- Outpatient COVID swabs that need to be done at the hospital will be by appointment only. Please call 647-6000 to schedule your appointment. Appointment are available 9 am – 12 pm, Monday through Friday.
- North Bridgton Family Practice and Walk-In Clinic provides testing to individuals with a provider order, but the provider must be within the Central Maine Healthcare system. Testing can be scheduled Monday – Friday, 10:30 – 3:30pm. If you do not have an order from a CMH provider, you will need a medical evaluation by the walk-in clinic provider in order to have testing performed. For any questions, we would advise reaching out to the emergency department at 207-647-6070 or North Bridgton at 207-647-9021.
- Outpatient COVID testing is available at Rumford Hospital, however, patients must have a provider’s order. To get an order, please call your primary care provider to request one. Once patients have an order from their PCP, they can call 207-369-1000 Monday – Friday between 7:00am and 4:00pm to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID test.