Help make a difference in your community by becoming a volunteer at Central Maine Healthcare. All adult volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and be willing to commit at least 4 months of uninterrupted volunteer service. Students who are 14 to 17 years of age that are interested in volunteering at Central Maine Healthcare must commit to volunteering 4 hours per week.
The Volunteer Process:
- Submit a volunteer application. You can request a volunteer application be mailed to you or simply visit the Volunteer Services office in Lewiston, ME for any assistance you may need during normal business hours.
- Upon receipt of your application, the Volunteer Service Manager will contact you to schedule an in-person interview to discuss current volunteer opportunities and explain the volunteer clearance process. This interview usually takes 30-45 minutes.
- If you are accepted into the volunteer program, you will:
- Complete a background check consent form
- Consent to two references checks being done
- Agree to visit our Employee Health Department to discuss medical and non-medical requirements for volunteering. Volunteers must initially have a TB screening, which involves a relatively painless prick in the skin of the forearm. You will also be asked to visit Employee Health yearly for an annual screening.
- Attend the general hospital orientation
- Attend orientation/training at the unit you are placed in
- Attend events throughout the year for the purposes of further training, celebrations, and volunteer recognition
These requirements are designed to ensure a safe and healthy environment for patients, family and team members. If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Department.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer contact us today!
Central Maine Healthcare Volunteer Services
300 Main Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
Office Hours: 8am to 4pm ~ Monday to Friday