Your gynecological health can either cause an increase in quality of life or make you feel frustrated and even alone. At Central Maine Medical Center, we understand how important it is to feel in control and healthy. That’s why we’ve developed programs and services that address the full range of your needs, from your young years all the way up to the last years of your life. We’re here to offer compassion and support.
Services We Provide
Gynecology is a specialized part of medicine, which is why we have a variety of specialists who understand your specific issues and needs. Whatever kind of care your problem requires, we’ve got a caring team member who knows just how to help.
Our gynecology services include care for common issues such as:
- Endometriosis: This painful condition can be treated through a variety of options, all of which we can consider during an appointment with you. Meet with one of our physicians if you suspect you’ve got endometriosis or are dealing with chronic pelvic pain.
- Fibroids: While fibroids are common, they don’t have to disrupt your life or your ability to conceive. We can diagnose the extent of your fibroids in an exam, then create a treatment plan that works for your unique health and situation.
- Infertility: We understand the struggles of couples who can’t conceive, which is why we offer support for our patients navigating infertility. Our team can diagnose the cause of your infertility issues, then design a treatment plan that is right for you and your conception goals.
- Gynecologic Cancers: If you suspect that something is wrong, we can figure out whether you’ve got cervical, uterine, or ovarian cancer. Our special cancer treatment team will be right by your side, helping you determine the best course of treatment and working with you to get you back to healthy again.
- Menopause: While most women breeze through menopause without a hitch, occasionally you might need support to get through the symptoms. We offer consultations and options to help you manage.
- Osteoporosis: As women age, they sometimes find themselves faced with brittle, fragile bones that can easily fracture. We can help. Through diagnosis, discovering treatment options, and helping you plan ways to minimize your risk, you can stay safe and healthy.
- Pelvic Pain: If you’ve been struggling through acute or chronic pelvic pain, we can help you figure out the cause and the solution. Whether you’ll need physical therapy or surgery, we’ve got options to help you get back to feeling strong again.
- Urinary Incontinence: It can be embarrassing, frustrating, and depressing to deal with urinary incontinence. That’s why we work so hard to help women get back to a place where they have better bladder control and can reclaim their dignity. We offer a variety of treatment options to help you feel a little more like yourself again.