Residency Offers Clinical and Educational Experiences
Central Maine Medical Center Family Medicine Residency provides clinical and educational experiences to third-year core students and fourth-year elective students. We are a very competitive site for clinical rotations. We strive to show compassion and respect to all and pride ourselves to immerse our students in vast clinical enviorment and a great experience. We advise applicants to apply months in advance in order to secure an approved rotation.
Our residency is a host Core Clerkship site for the entire third year of clinical experiences for the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM). We accept a total of eight students from UNECOM, who are matched to our site through a lottery process.
We also are a core site for the following 3rd-year Family Medicine Clerkships:
- Tufts, (Maine Medical) School of Medicine
- Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont
We strive to provide an optimal learning experience by allowing students to be involved in all aspects of medical education. We will only schedule rotations when there is no conflict with resident education. Rotations are available to students from U.S., Canadian and offshore medical schools.
Documentation Requirements (once approved for a rotation):
- Clinical Experience Agreement between your school and Central Maine Medical Center (our contracts personnel will work with your school to establish this)
- Letter of Good Standing from the school
- Immunization Records
- Measles (Students born prior to January 1, 1957 are exempt from the Measles vaccination requirement)
- Hepatitis B
- Tuberculin Test (PPD)
- Flu Shot (during appropriate season)
- COVID Vaccination and Booster (if you had had Booster)
- National Background check is complete with satisfactory results (local background checks are not accepted)
- Social Security Address/Alias trace
- State of Residence Criminal Background search
- National Sex Offender search
- Office of Inspector General search
- Excluded Party List System search
What We Offer to Students:
- CMMC is located within walking distance to many shops, services, and places of worship. It is also close to Bates College.
- Transportation services are easily accessed.
- In Lewiston, apartment-style housing within walking distance of CMMC is provided at a discounted price. It may be necessary for you to share a bedroom in the apartment if the student census is high. Apartments have a fully- equipped kitchen, wireless internet and basic cable. Each student will need to provide their own linens (twin bed), blankets, pillows, towels and toiletries. No pets are allowed.
- Downtown Lewiston
- In Rumford, we have a partnership with a B&B that will provide housing at a discounted rate.
- Parking – Off-street parking is available to all students.
- Food – We are unable to provide free meals to elective students.
- Wellness – We offer free access to our wellness center, located on the CMMC campus. The center includes cardiovascular equipment and weights and classes. Students are responsible for classes that require a fee.
- Application to Apply
- For further questions please email:
- Katrina.Perkins@cmhc.org or call 207-795-2824