The experience of illness, injury and medical treatment represent crises of the whole person, engaging one’s values, key relationships and core beliefs. Central Maine Healthcare is committed to holistic care, providing opportunities for emotional and spiritual support.
The Spiritual Care Department at CMMC is dedicated to providing compassionate and competent emotional, religious and spiritual care to all who seek our services, regardless of faith affiliation. Chaplains are a part of your healthcare team. Services we provide include:
- Bedside visits for emotional and spiritual support
- Prayers, blessings or rituals
- Religious sacraments and devotional materials
- End-of-life or bereavement support and guidance
- Regular rounding on inpatient units
- Family consultation and support
- Assistance in connecting with your faith community
To speak with a chaplain, please ask your nurse for a referral or call x2291. Chaplains are available for consultation Mondays – Fridays, from 8am to 4:30pm.
The Sacred Space: A Room for Prayer and Meditation
Centrally located in CMMC’s beautiful Young Wing atrium, the Sacred Space is a place of solace in times of distress. Welcoming the rich religious and spiritual diversity of our community, it is open to all patients, visitors and staff in need of a quiet place for prayer or reflection. There is a secured box for prayer requests. Multi-faith devotional materials and prayer rugs for Muslim guests are also available.