When you need surgery, you want board-certified skill, advanced technology and a compassionate team to guide you through every phase of care.
At Bridgton Hospital, you don’t have to leave home to access it all. The same skilled surgeons and sub-specialists from Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston will see you right in your own community, ensuring you have access to the widest range of options and highest-quality care.
With a same-day surgery unit right on site, and training in the latest minimally invasive techniques, we can now get you home and back to your life faster. And we’re always here to provide all the education and support you need for the best possible outcome.
Learn more about the comprehensive surgical services available throughout our integrated health system, including Rumford Hospital.
Full Range of Surgical Services
Surgeons at Bridgton perform both conventional “open” procedures as well as the latest minimally invasive procedures. Laparoscopic options employ miniaturized high-tech cameras and surgical instruments, placed in the body with just a few tiny incisions. For you, this may mean less pain scarring, fewer complications and a faster recovery.
Or wide range of specialties includes:
- General surgery, including hernia repair, appendectomies, gallbladder removal, colon surgery, gastrointestinal procedures and many more treatments for common health ailments throughout the body
- Gynecological surgery from the specialists at Bridgton Obstetrics-Gynecology. Common procedures include hysterectomies, endometrial ablations, laparoscopic tubal ligation, removal of ovarian cysts, uterine polyps and fibroids and minimally invasive surgical treatment of incontinence
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) procedures
- Orthopedic procedures, including knee, hip and shoulder arthroscopy, total joint replacements, surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome and fracture repair
- Podiatry procedures
- Urologic procedures, including treatment for kidney stones, prostate conditions and voiding dysfunctions, as well as vasectomies and pediatric procedures
We can also refer you directly to specialists at leading institutes within our integrated health system, including Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Explore all types of surgery we offer at Central Maine Healthcare.
Same-Day Surgery: More Healing at Home
With our minimally invasive approach, we can perform many procedures on an outpatient basis—allowing you to go home within hours of your surgery. Bridgton Hospital has a same-day surgery unit right on campus to accommodate these procedures.
A week to 10 days before surgery, one of our pre-admission nurses will meet with you for any necessary tests and a detailed walkthrough of what to expect. Once in the unit, you’ll be prepared for surgery much like a conventional procedure patient, then transferred to the Surgical Services Department for the procedure. After surgery, we’ll closely monitor you in our post-anesthesia care unit until you’re ready to go home, and provide the education and support you need for self-care.