Mission Statement and Objectives
Our Mission and Vision:
We foster a collaborative environment centered in our tradition of Family Medicine while anticipating the changing needs of our community in order to cultivate compassionate, socially responsible leaders who create the future of healthcare for all.
The Family Medicine Residency at Central Maine Medical Center will graduate residents who are:
- Compassionate and caring physicians with good listening skills and clinical acumen.
- Holistic and collaborative in their approach to patient care with a focus on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Skilled in the use of evidence-based methodology and dedicated to lifelong learning.
- Able to communicate effectively and think critically.
- Aware and respectful of family systems, patient diversity and patient autonomy.
- Well-trained procedurally with a sound knowledge base.
- Actively involved in their communities with a commitment toward social responsibility.
- Exemplary professionals.