Outpatient Diabetes Services:
- A comprehensive Education Program including individual and group classes
- Instructors who are Certified Diabetes Educators
- Medical and nutrition education provided to meet patients individual needs
- Fingerstick blood glucose monitoring education
- Insulin pump education
- Continuous glucose sensor education and services
- Convenient parking
How Does the Diabetes Program Work?
Patients meet individually with a certified diabetes educator to improve their understanding of the disease and its management, their lifestyle and needs, and to help set goals regarding diabetes education.
The program also includes:
- A meeting with a registered dietitian to develop an individualized meal plan
- Instruction by staff and guest speakers from the medical and professional community
- A follow-up to review materials and goals, and to answer questions
- Additional follow-up meetings as needed
For more information call 207-798-6300