Gynecologic conditions can be a frustrating experience for anyone, which is why we at Central Maine Healthcare work hard to get you feeling healthy again quickly. Our gynecology specialists offer treatments for several issues, and we prioritize using less invasive treatments whenever possible.
If necessary for full recovery, we offer surgical treatments that are based on the newest research evidence paired with the latest technology. We always offer techniques that are the most minimally invasive, which offer benefits such as less pain, fewer complications, and a quicker recovery time. We want to get you back on the road to health as quickly as possible with the highest level of satisfaction.
Conditions and Treatments
To better understand the conditions we treat, here is some information on a few of our specialties.
- Endometriosis: We can help determine the extent of your endometriosis with diagnostic technology, then help you decide which treatment is best for you starting with the least invasive options. Together we’ll find the right combination of approaches to get you back to feeling pain-free and healthy once again.
- Fibroids: If your doctor discovers a fibroid during a pelvic exam or you have symptoms associated with fibroids, we can work with you to reduce the size of the fibroids and help you feel better again. We offer several options for reducing or removing fibroids, as well as pain management and therapies to help with your symptoms.
- Infertility: We offer sensitive and support care for individuals and couples who are experiencing the struggles of infertility. Our doctors are highly-qualified fertility specialists who can help diagnose the cause of infertility and offer treatment options to help you start a family.
- Gynecologic Cancers: We offer diagnoses and treatment for all types of gynecologic cancers, including cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancers. Our care is compassionate, supportive, and includes the latest technology and treatment options. We’ll be there for you every step of the way.
- Menopause: This natural process of aging can bring with it a few challenging experiences. Our doctors can help you get through menopause in the smoothest way possible, while ensuring that you avoid certain conditions, so you can maintain your quality of life no matter your age.
- Osteoporosis: Aging women sometimes get weaker and more brittle bones, leading to loss of mobility and increased discomfort. We offer high-quality screening services to help make sure your bones are plenty strong, as well as the latest in treatment options including preventative support.
- Pelvic Pain: This uncomfortable issue can be caused by different problems in the pelvic area. Our doctors will listen to your concerns, do some screenings or run some tests, and then help you choose the best treatment option for you. We offer support and treatments for various causes of pelvic pain, featuring the latest in technology and evidence-based care.
- Urinary Incontinence: This very common condition is effectively treated at Central Maine Healthcare using a full range of techniques, including rehabilitation to strengthen pelvic muscles. We also offer other treatment options to ensure that whatever is causing your problem can be fully addressed.