Application Requirements for CMMC Family Medicine Residency
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we will be conducting virtual interviews only during the 2021-22 recruitment season.
Please refer to NRMP information for the program number 2327120C0
IMG’S – At the time of application, documentation of a cumulative 12 months of U.S. clinical (HANDS ON) experience requiring solid documentation of both inpatient and outpatient experience from your U.S. attendings. Clinical observer experiences and non-clinical graduate work such as research do not meet this requirement. This requirement can be met by:
- Being enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian medical school at the time of application, or
- Documenting physician supervised clinical experience as a physician-in-training (clerkships, externship) in the ERAS application.
If not a US citizen, you must qualify for J-1 visa through ECFMG. We do not sponsor any visas (funding or initiating paperwork). International applicants do not need to be ECFMG-certified at the time of application. The NRMP verifies with the ECFMG on the rank order list deadline to ensure that candidates have passed Step 1 and both parts of Step 2. If they cannot verify this information at that time, candidates are withdrawn from the Match. International graduates need to be ECFMG-certified prior to the start of residency training.
You must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for an interview. The minimum requirements for applying to the CMMC Family Medicine Residency are listed below:
- Applicants must pass both Step 1 and Step 2 of the USMLE or Level 1 and Level 2 of the COMLEX WITH NO MORE THAN TWO ATTEMPTS ON ANY OF THESE TESTS.
- Passing Standardized Patient Evaluation Exam Scores (Step 2 CS) – First attempt is mandatory. NOTE: For applicants who are granted an interview, but are still in medical school and have not taken Part II Clinical Knowledge or Part II Clinical Skills, these steps must be passed and reported to ERAS by the first of February in order to be ranked.
- Out of medical school no more than three (3) years. (i.e. After June 1, 2019 for the starting class of July 2022).
- A curriculum vitae (CV), including volunteer/community involvement and organizations/affiliations.
- Official transcript.
- Dean’s letter or equivalent.
- 3 LORs from physicians or faculty who have directly supervised your clinical performance – At least one letter must be from a family physician.
- Personal Statement which includes the following in order to complete your application to our program:
- How you heard about our residency
- Discuss any previous experiences you have had working with underserved populations and how that has influenced your career goals
- Factors that were most important in your decision to pursue a career in family medicine
We review the overall application and the applicant’s fit with our program. Meeting our criteria will not guarantee you an interview. Candidate interviews are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
If you need additional information, please contact Michelle Tower, Recruiting Coordinator, CMMC Family Medicine Residency at email@example.com or 207-795-2184.
The CMMC Family Medicine Residency reserves the right to limit interviews and to change the above requirements.