Application Requirements for CMMC Family Medicine Residency
Please refer to NRMP information for the program numbers (the main program number is 2327120C0 and the rural track is 2327120C1
Our residency program only accepts applications submitted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System). Any application submitted via e-mail or fax will not be considered.All applicants must also be enrolled with the NRMP (National Resident Matching Program). We ask each applicant to make every effort to get all materials to us by mid-October. We will review completed applications and contact competitive candidates to schedule personal interviews which are required for application to our program. Our interview season begins October 16 and ends January 3. The residents host interview dinners the night prior to your interview to welcome our interviewees in a fun and enjoyable environment. The interview day will include the Program Director overview, interviews with faculty and residents and clinic/hospital tours which will give you many opportunities to discuss the program with the faculty and residents. Each interview day has limited space, so it is important that selected candidates respond as early as possible in order to schedule the date that works best for you.
IMG’S – At the time of application, documentation of a cumulative 12 months of U.S. clinical (HANDS ON) experience requiring solid documentation of both inpatient and outpatient experience from your U.S. attendings. Clinical observer experiences and non-clinical graduate work such as research do not meet this requirement. This requirement can be met by:
- Being enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian medical school at the time of application, or
- Documenting physician supervised clinical experience as a physician-in-training (clerkships, externship) in the ERAS application.
If not a US citizen, you must qualify for J-1 visa through ECFMG. We do not sponsor any visas (funding or initiating paperwork). International applicants do not need to be ECFMG-certified at the time of application. The NRMP verifies with the ECFMG on the rank order list deadline to ensure that candidates have passed Step 1 and both parts of Step 2. If they cannot verify this information at that time, candidates are withdrawn from the Match. International graduates need to be ECFMG-certified prior to the start of residency training.
You must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for an interview. The minimum requirements for applying to the CMMC Family Medicine Residency are listed below:
- Applicants must pass both Step 1 and Step 2 of the USMLE or Level 1 and Level 2 of the COMLEX WITH NO MORE THAN TWO ATTEMPTS ON ANY OF THESE TESTS.
- Passing Standardized Patient Evaluation Exam Scores (Step 2 CS) – First attempt is mandatory. NOTE: For applicants who are granted an interview, but are still in medical school and have not taken Part II Clinical Knowledge or Part II Clinical Skills, these steps must be passed and reported to ERAS by the first of February in order to be ranked.
- Out of medical school no more than three (3) years. (i.e. After July 1, 2018 for the starting class of July 2021).
- A curriculum vitae (CV), including volunteer/community involvement and organizations/affiliations.
- Official transcript.
- Dean’s letter or equivalent.
- 3 LORs from physicians or faculty who have directly supervised your clinical performance – At least one letter must be from a family physician.
- Personal Statement which includes the following in order to complete your application to our program:
- How you heard about our residency
- Discuss any previous experiences you have had working with underserved populations and how that has influenced your career goals
- Factors that were most important in your decision to pursue a career in family medicine
We review the overall application and the applicant’s fit with our program. Meeting our criteria will not guarantee you an interview. Candidate interviews are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
If you need additional information, please contact Michelle Tower, Recruiting Coordinator, CMMC Family Medicine Residency at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-795-2184.
The CMMC Family Medicine Residency reserves the right to limit interviews and to change the above requirements.