Application Requirements for CMMC Family Medicine Residency
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we will be conducting virtual interviews only during the 2022-23 recruitment season
Please refer to NRMP information for the program number 2327120C0
Our residency program only accepts applications submitted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System). Any application submitted via e-mail or fax will not be considered. All applicants must also be enrolled with the NRMP (National Resident Matching Program). We ask each applicant to make every effort to get all materials to us by the end of October. Our interview season begins on 10/17/22 and will end on 1/27/23. We will review completed applications and invite candidates through Thalamus Interview Scheduler. The virtual interview day will include a Program Director overview, interviews with faculty and residents, video clinic and hospital tours for both Lewiston and Rumford giving you many opportunities to discuss the program with the faculty and residents. We hold Resident Meet and Greet evening events throughout the interview season and the schedule is listed on the Program Page of Thalamus. We look forward to meeting you!
Since it may impact your decision to interview with us, we want to make you aware that full Covid-19 vaccination series is required for all CMHC employees, including trainees.
We will consider your ERAS application for an interview invitation if you are:
– a graduate or 4th year medical student in good standing from a US or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
– OR a graduate or 4th year medical student in good standing of an international medical school
– OR a graduate or a 4th year medical student in good standing from a US medical school accredited by the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOACOCA)
AND have all of the following:
– passing USMLE or COMLEX board scores;– appropriate references (3) from clinical work performed in the United States (one must be from Family Medicine); and eligibility for a J1Visa if not a permanent resident of the US.
I have attended an international medical school, do I need to be ECFMG-certified to apply?
- No. The NRMP verifies candidates on the final rank-order list with the ECFMG to ensure they have passed Step 1 and 2CK. If NRMP is unable to verify this information at that time, candidates are withdrawn from the Match. All international graduates must be ECFMG-certified prior to the start of residency training.
What if I have a USMLE/COMELX fail?
- We will consider applications with 2 or fewer fails, but rarely more.
Is there a graduation year cut-off?
- Yes. We will rarely consider applications from candidates who have graduated more than 3 years from the date of application.
Do you offer externships, observerships, research experiences, volunteer experiences, or pre-match positions?
We review the overall application and the applicant’s fit with our program. Meeting our criteria will not guarantee you an interview. CMMC FMR does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status.
If you need additional information, please contact Michael Leveille at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-330-7338.
The CMMC Family Medicine Residency reserves the right to limit interviews and to change the above requirements.