Whether you’ve experienced an illness or an injury or undergone some type of surgical procedure that required a hospital stay, sometimes a little extra care is required before you can return home and to normal activities. Fortunately, you can access that extra care through inpatient rehab services available at Central Maine Healthcare.
We offer a full spectrum of inpatient acute rehabilitation services designed to help you recover and get back to normal life as quickly as possible.
Services Available at CMH
Because no injury or illness is the same as another, inpatient acute rehab is also an individualized process. Every patient receives a care plan personalized to fit his or her specific needs, involving multiple types of rehab and therapy as needed.
Depending on your abilities and needs, your rehabilitation plan may include a variety of specific services, including:
- Assistance overcoming balance, mobility and coordination impairments
- Coaching and guidance to help perform activities of daily living, such as feeding or bathing
- Education and resources to help you learn how to deal with a new “normal” as needed
- Exercises to help regain movement, strength and endurance
- Guidance related to assistive devices and equipment that may help after you leave the hospital setting
- Help overcoming communication or swallowing difficulties
- Training of family members to help with your care or daily activities after you return home
Your specific exercises and therapy plan will vary depending on your needs, and may include a combination of therapies to help you fully regain abilities and recover. All of these services are received in a comfortable inpatient environment with access to amenities such as Wi-Fi, a daily newspaper and cable television.
Why Choose CMH?
When you need rehabilitation to help you fully recover and return home, you logically want to receive that care close to home. CMH offers the specialized care you need to help you regain abilities and maintain function, all located in or near the same setting you received your initial care.
This benefits patients by providing continuity of care, promoting positive outcomes and an efficient return to normal activities. CMH also believes in the power of family, allowing family members to participate in their loved ones’ care whenever possible. All of these factors combine to provide you with the high-quality care you need, close to home.