Diabetes and other endocrine-system conditions are complex, and when you’ve been diagnosed with one, it’s hard to know what to do next.
Central Maine Healthcare offers everything you need to take control. Our skilled team — including board-certified endocrinologists, certified diabetes educators, registered dietitians and more — will work closely with you to create a personalized wellness plan.
You’ll also find a variety of empowering programs, from prevention through ongoing lifestyle support. So, no matter what you’re dealing with, we’re can help you live the active and healthy life you deserve.
Expert Care for a Full Range of Conditions
We’re experienced in diagnosing and treating a full range of endocrine conditions, including:
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes and reproductive issues
- Adrenal disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Thyroid disorders
People with diabetes sometimes experience complications from their condition, such as heart, kidney or eye disease, or disorders of the nervous system. Central Maine’s integrated approach allows our diabetes specialists to collaborate with our experts to provide optimal care and the most effective diabetes management strategy.
Education to Empower You
All our efforts are aimed at your wellness and helping you manage your condition on your own. Our team of certified diabetes educators will show you how to boost your self-care skills with hands-on diabetes training and support.
Whether you prefer group learning or one-on-one sessions, you’ll learn:
- Glucose monitoring and insulin pump training
- A special 8-hour self-management program in Bridgton
- Stress reduction, relaxation and exercise programs
- Nutrition and meal planning
- In-depth medication information
- Foot and eye care information specifically for diabetes
- Strategies for feeling and living your healthiest life