Welcome to Central Maine Medical Center Imaging Services. We take pride in providing our community with technologically-advanced, up-to-date imaging services with high quality care and compassion. Our team members are committed to providing you with both quality images and quality care.
CMMC is fully accredited, all-digital and offers the following imaging technology, services and centers:
- Our 1.5 Siemens AERA MRI provides services from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day of the week.
- One CT Scanner is a GE VCT Light Speed 64 slice and the second is a GE Optima 128 slice scanner
- These devices can provide pictures of superior clarity and create 3D reconstructions.
- Our ultrasound services are supported with 3-GE Logic E-9 Ultrasound units, one Sonosyte X-Porte and one Siemens Antares, all of which provide crystal clear imaging.
- Appointments are available daily Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4 pm with on-call availability off shift and weekends.
- Our GE Innova 4100 allows IR to perform various procedures including but not limited to Port-a-Cath insertions, gastrostomy tube insertions, dialysis AVF interventions, and vertebral augmentation.
- Scheduled appointments are available Monday through Friday, with call coverage provided for emergency procedures during off hours.
- We use a three dual head Gamma Cameras one of which is SPECT/CT and is capable of Metabolic Fusion Imaging, which is incredibly efficient.
- Services are available Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 4:30 pm.
Sam and Jeanie Bennett Breast Care Center:
- We provide mammography using two 3D mammography machines.
- We offer Stereotactic breast biopsies on a Prone Hologic Lorad Table and upright.
- We offer breast ultrasounds as well as breast biopsies.
- In addition, Bone Density DEXA scans are provided as part of osteoporosis screenings using a Hologic DEXA unit.
General Radiography (X-Ray):
- Our X-ray department is fully digital, providing the highest standard in image quality, and lower radiation exposure than conventional film or CR imaging.
- 24/7 coverage for both outpatient and inpatient X-Ray services.
For a more detailed description of all our services, please visit the Central Maine Healthcare Imaging Services system page.