Welcome to Central Maine Medical Center Imaging Services. We take pride in providing our Lewiston community with technologically-advanced, up-to-date imaging services — and we believe in doing so with compassion. Our staff is committed to providing you with both quality images and quality care. Thank you for choosing us for your health care needs.
CMMC is fully accredited, all-digital and offers the following imaging technology, services and centers:
- Our 1.5 Siemens AERA MRI provides services from 6:30 am to 11 pm every day of the week.
- One CT Scanner is a GE VCT Light Speed 64 slice and the second is a GE Optima 128 slice scanner
- These devices can provide pictures of superior clarity and create 3D reconstructions.
- Our ultrasound services are supported with 3-GE Logic E-9 Ultrasound units, one Sonosyte X-Porte and one Siemens Antares, all of which provide crystal clear imaging.
- Appointments are available daily Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4 pm with on-call availability off shift and weekends.
- Our GE Innova 4100 allows IR to perform various procedures including but not limited to Port-a- Cath insertions, gastrostomy tube insertions, dialysis AVF interventions, and vertebral augmentation.
- Scheduled appointments are available Monday through Friday, with call coverage provided for emergency procedures during off hours.
- We use a three dual head Gamma Cameras one of which is SPECT/CT and is capable of Metabolic Fusion Imaging, which is incredibly efficient.
- Services are available Monday through Friday 7 am – 4:30 pm.
Sam and Jeanie Bennett Breast Care Center:
- We provide mammography using two 3D mammography machines.
- We offer Stereotactic breast biopsies on a Prone Hologic Lorad Table and upright.
- We offer breast ultrasounds as well as breast biopsies.
- In addition, Bone Density DEXA scans are provided as part of osteoporosis screenings using a Hologic DEXA unit.
General Radiography (X-Ray):
- Our X-ray department is fully digital, providing the highest standard in image quality, and lower radiation exposure than conventional film or CR imaging.
- 24/7 coverage for both outpatient and inpatient X-Ray services.
For a more detailed description of all our services, please visit the Central Maine Healthcare Imaging Services system page.