Avery Gagnon, RN, who works in the Cardiopulmonary Department at Central Maine Medica Center (CMMC), has received the DAISY award.
The DAISY award is an international recognition program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary, compassionate, skillful care nurses give every day.
The DAISY Award honorees personify Central Maine Healthcare’s (CMH) remarkable patient experience.
At CMH, an extraordinary nurse:
- Provides compassionate, high-quality nursing care.
- Fosters a patient and family-centered experience.
- Creates a culture that empowers and supports all team members.
- Displays professional excellence and is a role model for the nursing profession.
- Is passionate about the work they do for the community they serve.
Avery was nominated by Nicole Boutaugh, MD, who said, “Avery has demonstrated, on multiple occasions, an innate ability to establish phenomenal patient rapport. Her skill, kindness, knowledge and sincere appreciation for each patient as an individual are inherent in each interaction I have observed. This fosters an environment of transparent communication that builds trust.”