Your friendly team at Rumford Hospital cares about your unique women’s health needs. That’s why we prioritize breast health, ensuring that the members of our community get the screenings and treatments they need to stay healthy and disease-free. We’ll be there for you every step of the way.
What Sets Us Apart
We offer high-quality screening services right in your backyard, which means you can conveniently care for your breast health without the hassle of long commutes. Additionally, since we’re part of the Central Maine Healthcare system, you’ll have easy access to our award-winning specialized Bennett Breast Care Center located at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston (just a quick car ride away). You’ll be safe in our hands and fully supported during your breast care journey. Learn about all breast health services offered at Central Maine Healthcare .
Services We Provide
Breast health is crucial to your overall health, so at Rumford Hospital we make screenings as easy and accessible as possible.
Our breast health care offerings include:
- Prevention and Wellness: Keep on top of your health with preventative screenings and our array of wellness supportive classes and consultations.
- Breast Health: We offer more generalized care for all things related to breast health, from tissue abnormalities to cancer and are well-networked in our hospital system to connect you to further treatment, as needed.
- Mammography: Our digital mammography services are important for early detection of breast cancer and other issues.
- Advanced Diagnostics: If we suspect that there is an issue with your breast health, we can refer you to our team at the Bennett Center. There you’ll have access to advanced diagnostics to more thoroughly explore what the issue is and how it can be treated.
- Breast Cancer Surgery and Reconstruction: If surgery is needed, you can access a high-quality team ready to help at the Bennett Center. Once you’ve beat the cancer, we can reconstruct the breast tissue for a more natural look and feel, so you can get back to living your life again.
- Maine Breast and Cervical Health Program: If you’ve got a financially or insurance-limiting situation, this program will cover your breast and cervical checkup to help you stay cancer-free.