We care about the health of women in our community, which is why Rumford Hospital offers high quality care for gynecological health. We know you want to feel in control of your body, no matter your age. That’s why we offer a wide range of services that address the variety of issues that women often face throughout their lifespans. We’re here to offer compassion, support, and answers.
What Sets Us Apart
One of our most unique offerings is our Bladder Control Center that is available to help those with urinary incontinence issues. Combined with our pelvic floor rehabilitation programs and diagnosis and treatment options for various gynecological issues, we’re ready to help you get back on your feet so you can get back to living joyfully.
Services We Provide
Gynecology is a specialized part of medicine, which is why we have a variety of specialists who understand your specific issues and needs. Whatever kind of care your problem requires, we’ve got a caring team member who knows just how to help.
Our gynecology services include care for common issues such as:
- Endometriosis: This painful condition can be treated through a variety of options, all of which we can consider during an appointment with you. Meet with one of our physicians if you suspect you’ve got endometriosis or are dealing with chronic pelvic pain.
- Fibroids: While fibroids are common, they don’t have to disrupt your life or your ability to conceive. We can diagnose the extent of your fibroids in an exam, then create a treatment plan that works for your unique health and situation.
- Infertility: We understand the struggles of couples who can’t conceive, which is why we offer specialized treatment for infertility. You’ll have access to a doctor that can diagnose the cause of your infertility issues, then design a treatment plan that is right for you and your conception goals.
- Gynecologic Cancers: If you suspect that something is wrong, we can figure out whether you’ve got cervical, uterine, or ovarian cancer. Our special cancer treatment team will be right by your side, helping you determine the best course of treatment and working with you to get you back to healthy again.
- Menopause: While most women breeze through menopause without a hitch, occasionally you might need support to get through the symptoms. We offer consultations and options to help you manage.
- Osteoporosis: As women age, they sometimes find themselves faced with brittle, fragile bones that can easily fracture. We can help. Through diagnosis, discovering treatment options, and helping you plan ways to minimize your risk, you can stay safe and healthy.
- Pelvic Pain: If you’ve been struggling through acute or chronic pelvic pain, we can help you figure out the cause and the solution. Whether you’ll need physical therapy or surgery, we’ve got options to help you get back to feeling strong again.
- Urinary Incontinence: It can be embarrassing, frustrating, and depressing to deal with urinary incontinence. That’s why we work so hard to help women get back to a place where they have better bladder control and can reclaim their dignity. We offer a variety of treatment options to help you feel a little more like yourself again.