Using a powerful magnetic field, radio frequency pulses, and a computer, an MRI can produce pictures of virtually all internal body structures including soft tissue, bone, joints, and ligaments.
Central Maine offers the latest MRI technology with a 1.5T high-field, open-bore MRI unit. This unit takes pictures with sharp detail and amazing clarity, while the wide opening provides maximum comfort and prevents claustrophobic feelings for the patient. Staffed by advanced trained MRI Technologists. Radiologists with advanced expertise in performing procedures as well as timely and detailed reports.
Benefits to our MRI technology include:
- More than one foot of headroom in the MRI Unit
- Short machine length, allowing for exams to be performed with patient’s head outside of the scanner
- Faster scan times & shorter breath holds
- Exceptional image clarity so there are few repeat scans
- Central Maine Medical Center – in-house MRI unit
- Bridgton Hospital – Mobile MRI unit
- Rumford Hospital – Mobile MRI unit
All units offer the same high level 1.5T platform. This way, all patients in the Central Maine Healthcare system, have access to the same top-of-the-line MRI imaging services.