An oncology nurse navigator is a professional registered nurse with oncology specific clinical knowledge, who offers individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers.
How Your Nurse Navigator Can Help You
Our Navigators are specially trained oncology-certified nurses who will:
- Inform and guide you through your specific cancer and treatment choices
- Help you coordinate and streamline your care
- Research any available clinical trials or second opinions you might request
- Identify any physical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial and financial concerns you might have, and work with you to resolve those issues
- Connect you with social workers, pastoral care, financial counseling and other supporters who will be there to help you through your treatment and recovery.
Your Nurse Navigator is beside you on your journey back to health, making sure you know you’re not alone.