Should you or a loved one ever experience a serious or life-threatening injury, Central Maine Medical Center is ready to respond.
As an American College of Surgeons Verified Level II Trauma Center, we take a lightning-fast, multi-disciplinary approach to treatment, including access to a full range of medical and surgical resources. We’ll also help coordinate any ongoing care, including our comprehensive rehabilitation programs, to help ensure a smooth recovery and return to maximum function.
When Seconds Count, Count on Our Care
Central Maine Medical Center’s around-the-clock trauma services include:
- Emergency trauma resuscitation team
- Immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as access to orthopedic and neurosurgeons, anesthesiologists, emergency medicine providers, radiologists and critical care providers
- Pharmacy services
- Advanced imaging, including CT and MRI
- Critical care nursing unit
- Laboratory testing and blood bank services.
- Participation in the National Trauma Data Base Registry
Our ongoing partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston also offers extra coverage for patients with the most severe trauma. Through telemedicine technology, our specialists work together to assess these complex injuries, and, if necessary, expedite transfer to MGH for further treatment.