CMMC’s Acute Rehabilitation Center offers comprehensive range of services, around the clock. The Center is a 13-bed unit that has been helping CMMC patients for more than 30 years.
We provide a comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation service to adults with a variety of medical conditions that cause a loss of function in daily living activities, mobility, cognition or communication. Our rehabilitation team is committed to offering compassionate and excellent care. As part of the Medical Center, comprehensive treatment by team members of medical and surgical sub-specialties and advanced diagnostic services are available 24 hours a day.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive rehabilitation program of the highest quality in order to improve the functional independence of those whom we serve.
We serve patients who have or have had the following medical conditions:
- Head and spinal cord injuries
- Congenital disorders
- Multiple trauma
- Orthopedic injuries
- Joint replacement (if the patient meets specific criteria)
- Neurological disorders (Multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson’s disease exacerbation.) Poly-neuropathy (excluding diabetic neuropathy)
- Cardiac patients
- Acute or Chronic pain
Patients and their families can also request a tour of Central Maine Rehabilitation Unit at any time.
For more information call the Admission Coordinator at 207-795-2586, Monday-Friday; weekends, 207-795-2600.
Download a copy of the Inpatient Rehabilitation brochure.
A referral is needed for admission to the Acute Rehabilitation Center. Healthcare providers will assess medical needs before making a referral; insurers also have criteria that need to be checked.
If a patient in an acute care hospital setting needs rehabilitation, the referral process is as follows:
- Doctors, case-managers, physicians’ assistants, and nurse practitioners can make acute rehab referrals at any time, to request to have a patient evaluated and screened.
- Weekend and night referrals can be made by calling the Rehab Unit at 207-795-2600.
- For patients with private insurance, a pre-certification is required prior to admission. In those cases, any weekend referrals will be addressed on Monday.
- The inpatient screening includes a chart review, discussions with health care personnel and a meeting with the patient and/or family to obtain information and address any questions or concerns.
- Patients and/or families can also request a tour of Central Maine Rehabilitation Unit at any time.
Insurance Plans Need to be Reviewed and Verified Before Admission to CMMC Acute Rehabilitation Center
Central Maine’s Acute Rehabilitation Center is covered in full or in part by most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. Benefits will be verified prior to admission.
It is important that the patient understand the coverage he/or she will receive, and whether or not there will be a co-payment required.
CARF International accreditation demonstrates a program’s quality, transparency, and commitment to the satisfaction of the persons served. CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Toll free (888) 281-6531.